Sunday, July 29, 2007

Trip to Toronto: Pictures of Chinatown, UT, and Yorkville

Chinatown.

IMG_7057

IMG_6849

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind.

IMG_7060

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

IMG_7061

IMG_7062

IMG_7063

Eyebrow embroidery? Ouch!

IMG_7064

University of Toronto.

IMG_7071

We stopped in the Physical Geography Building to use the bathroom.

IMG_7068

IMG_7070

IMG_7067

Yorkville.

We didn't stay in Yorkville long. It's that rich neighborhood that looks like every other big city's rich neighborhood. A Chanel store, Four Seasons, Tiffany & Co., etc. I only took photos of the art museums, whose current exhibits weren't particularly tempting.

The Gardiner.

IMG_7072

The Royal Ontario Museum.

IMG_7074

6 comments:

chuck b. said...

Did you see the movie The Cruise, with 'Speed' Levitch? He would call that negative signage 'the anti-cruise'.

It's a great movie if you haven't seen it, btw. And apparently it's available on DVD now which it wasn't for a long time.

JvA said...

I just added it to the top of my Netflix list.

chuck b. said...

I hope you like it!

chuck b. said...

I actually went ahead and bought it used on Amazon. I looked for the DVD for years after the movie, but it was never available on DVD, and then when I looked before I posted that comment, there it was! I hope it's as good as I remember. I have a feeling it's even better.

Anonymous said...

Did you walk north of Bloor into Yorkville itself? Just curious.

JvA said...

I don't recall, but I think we might have, because I do remember being exhausted by the time we got to Yorkville.