Saturday, August 4, 2007

Blue Angels Photos

Yesterday a coworker changed the location of a meeting we were having to the 73rd floor of the Columbia Center, where we sometimes like to chat while looking out at the mountains, water, and buildings.

IMG_7326

IMG_7327

IMG_7349

There's the north end of our Beacon Hill.

IMG_7329

She wanted to watch the Blue Angels show. Here they are taking off from Boeing Field, right by my house.

IMG_7333

IMG_7336

IMG_7364

IMG_7370

IMG_7372

IMG_7373

Yes, I know this is a pep rally for the war machine.

IMG_7376

IMG_7377

But still I enjoy the show, the way I enjoy the grotesquely fattened livers of force-fed geese.

IMG_7381

I know it's wrong.

IMG_7389

IMG_7391

IMG_7392

But it's so lovely.

IMG_7400

IMG_7401

IMG_7402

IMG_7403

IMG_7404

IMG_7405

IMG_7406

IMG_7408

4 comments:

LM said...

I have been to the Columbia Tower to watch this show- with my brother's wife. It is really fun- plus the lunch w/wine that we had was yummy and paid for by someone else- not the navy. War machine or not, the power of the planes is impressive. For me it gives a similar feeling that arena sports can give, but more singular.

chuck b. said...

Holy crap!!!

The County Clerk said...

" I know this is a pep rally for the war machine."

There has been war since there have been men. My attitude is this: If there is GOING TO BE WAR, isn't it wonderful that we have a kickass war machine?

H

JvA said...

When I play the video game Civilization, I like to build up a good military so others will be afraid to attack me. At the start of the game, it's all about defense.

Then after a while, after I've invested a huge amount of money into building and maintaining this big military, I start to feel as if I can't afford not to attack other countries. I feel as if this huge military investment will have been a big waste of money if I don't start getting some money back from it.

Plus, since I always choose to play a democracy and never institute slavery, etc., I figure that they're better off with me in charge anyway.

Basically, I turn into the Bush administration.