Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Times Has More Trouble Finding Beacon Hill

The Seattle Times says that "Police looking for suspect in Beacon Hill shooting this morning":

Police are searching for a suspect who shot a man on Beacon Hill early this morning.

The wounded man flagged down an officer near 12th Avenue South and South Main Street around 3:40 a.m., said Seattle police spokeswoman ReneƩ Witt.

The actual shooting took place in a wooded area west of that intersection, she said.

He was transported to Harborview Medical Center where he remains in serious condition.


If the nearest intersection really was 12th and Main, then this took place in the Little Saigon area, on the other side of I-90 from Beacon Hill.

I know some people think I'm too harsh on the local dailies for not getting the South End neighborhoods right, but they are in the business of facts, after all. And it's not hard to figure out that the other side of I-90 is not still Beacon Hill. It's a hill, after all. Interstates don't generally cross hills.

Anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All day KOMO Radio also ran this news with the only addition being that the shooting took place in an area near I-90 known as "the jungle". I think "the jungle" straddles both sides of I-90... but I could be wrong.