Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Beacon Hill Graffiti Updates

Christian Restoration Center: I heard from the property manager today. He said: "Just wanted to let you know that I was up at the property today and painted over the graffiti on the back and north side of the building. I was not able to get to the south side (brick) because I want to figure away to remove it without painting it, if that is even possible. Let me know if you have any ideas on the removal of graffiti from brick, other than painting it."

Does anyone have any ideas or preferences about this? I would normally prefer a careful approach to that beautiful Roman brick, but since they're demolishing the building anyway, I personally don't think it matters if they just use paint. Please post a comment, anonymously if you want, if you're a neighbor who would like them to try to pressure-wash it or use a solvent or something.

Apartment Condo Conversion at 1401 S. Holgate St.: Painted over. They didn't do a careful job, but I think that's fine. They're in middle of remodeling the whole property, and I'm sure the gray paint on the maroon is just a temporary fix.

Emmanuel Ethiopian Church on 14th: Still not cleaned up. I'm pretty sure they've gotten their notice from the city by now, but I'm not sure their 10 days is up yet. I'll wait a few days before following up with the mayor's office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if pressure washing works on brick, but it works on cement. In our Ballard alley, a neighbor was able to pressure wash graffiti off a cement wall. -- Pat

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, as of Friday 4/4, graffiti was back up on Apt/Condo conversion at 1401 S. Holgate St. Kind of sucks because it faces Beacon Hill Elementary. Also noticed old graffiti still on Ethiopian Church...sigh.

Jennifer said...

I live near the CRC and I noticed painted-over graffiti on the back of the building. As great as it is that he covered it, that part of the building faces the alley. The graffiti on the south side faces the street and is really a mess. I don't have any suggestions for removing that graffiti from the brick. I wish he'd just paint over it since the building is going to be demolished anyway.

ELSPETH said...

Does Goodbye Graffiti Seattle still exist?
1-877-684-4747