Friday, April 4, 2008

Georgetown in the News Again

Revival Home & Garden -- NWSource blogger visits fancy home furnishings store and likes the $25 candles and other chic, modern accessories she sees. I haven't checked it out myself, but now that I've seen a list of merchandise and photos of the store, I can't help but think that this is a tourist destination more than anything else. Georgetowners -- who report with shocking frequency that strangers walk into their yards and take off with anything portable -- are unlikely to invest in a bunch of $125 bird feeders.

South Seattle Artisan Wineries -- Seattle Times business reporters visit four wineries in South Seattle -- three in South Park and one in Georgetown. The next joint tasting is May 10.

Super 8 Film Festival -- A P-I reporter writes about the "angst" that locals are feeling about gentrification (as evidenced by new tourist shops and tasting rooms?) spreading through the area.

No comments: