Thursday, January 8, 2009

SPU Offers to Help with Christian Restoration Center Cleanup

After calling to hang up my hat as a graffiti ranger and turn in my little red wagon, I ended up chatting with graffiti guy Anthony Matlock at Seattle Public Utilities. I complained to him that the neighborhood miscreants just can't keep their hands off of the Christian Restoration Center building. And he mentioned to me that his team can help out with that problem. He can send out a team of court-ordered "volunteers" to paint out graffiti on frequently tagged properties like that one at least once a month.

Their help doesn't absolve the property owners from responsibility for the mess. (And I found out that the property manager has been out there as recently as this week to take care of the problem on both the wall and the windows.) But, let's face it, it's going to get hit again, so the building can use all the help it can get.

So I got Anthony in touch with the property owner and manager, and now they're working together on this. Let's hope it helps.

No comments: