Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Christian Restoration Center: City Meeting TONIGHT

Wow. I guess tonight there really is an official meeting about the Christian Restoration Center development. I honestly thought that the property manager and the property ownership group would warn me about public meetings, as I've asked them to do this about a dozen times. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt, but obviously this doesn't speak very well to their interest in community engagement.

The meeting is at 8:00 p.m. at the Rainier Valley Cultural Center (at the corner of Alaska and Rainier) at 3515 S. Alaska St. Here's the PDF of the Design Review application, which I just found on the City of Seattle website. I encourage you to take a look -- it has some drawings of what the building might look like.

I'm home sick today with a hateful, endless cold and might not be able to make it. Is anyone else going to go?

Here's the e-mail I got from the developer today. Apparently everyone involved has been out of town without e-mail access for a week. Hmm.

Jon and I have been out of town for the last week. Jon doesn't return until today and I returned yesterday, so we are sorry for our delay in our response to you.

Jon did want me to let you know that he tried to reply to your response last
night but was having connection problems so he was unsure if you received
his message as I did not so he asked me to reach out to you.

The meeting tonight is part of the overall permit process. The meeting
itself is for the City of Seattle Design Review. This is where we go to the
city, take our site proposal to the city and answer questions they might
have.

So to answer your question the people who set up this meeting was the City
of Seattle and it is there agenda. I will be attending along with our
architect and depending if Jon is back in time he will attend as well.

If you have further questions please feel free to shoot me or Jon an e-mail.

Thanks.

Rudeen Development, LLC
Kyle Kappen

No comments: