Friday, June 8, 2007

Plant Sale

This morning the architect came to the house to take a bunch of measurements, and we wanted to get out of his way, so we took our hangovers to Rosso Nursery.

IMG_4407

I'm feeling so stupid today that I was having a hard time taking pictures. That's why these are the only two photos I have of Rosso today.

IMG_4408

On our way back to the house we saw signs for a plant sale. They led us here.

IMG_4417

She had great deals on everything. $1 for little containers and $2.50 for most gallon containers.

IMG_4423

IMG_4428

It's rose time.

IMG_4443

IMG_4444

IMG_4446

IMG_4448

IMG_4451

I think my husband bought some sedum and stuff. I don't know. I'm trying not to buy many plants until fall, when the watering will happen automatically. July, August, and September are typically very dry in Seattle, and I don't think I can spend another summer doing daily watering (apart from the containers).

Back at home I'm enjoying things that I planted two years ago and no longer have to worry much about. Like these cannas, which haven't been hand-watered since last summer.

IMG_4454

My new sea hollies still get my care and attention, though, because I am crazy in love with them.

IMG_4459

No comments: